Fire at Secondary School De Duine

Fire at Secondary School De Duine
Rudi Bowe

A fire broke out in the ceiling of a classroom at the Secondary School De Duine in Narraville shortly after 14:00 yesterday. A short circuit in the electrical system is at this stage deemed the cause of the fire.

The Walvis Bay fire brigade was scrambled to the scene and the fire was promptly brought under control. The roof structure of the classroom was completely destroyed and the classroom was also significantly damaged by smoke and heat and the collateral damage which is inevitable when a fire brigade has to enter a burning building and extinguishing the fire with huge quantities of water. This is the second major fire incident in Walvis Bay this week.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login